Saturday, August 14, 2010

An Ounce Of Prevention

I am a loyal viewer of the A&E series "The First 48" and I noticed that on more than one occasion the bodies of the murder victims had their pants around their ankles. At first it made me think that these men were being sexually assaulted but the results of the investigations found this to be untrue. While I was watching an episode a few months ago the answer hit me like a ton of bricks. When the gunfire begins the victims attempt to run for cover or away from the assailant but due to the fact that the victim is wearing his pants in a low sag his pants fall down around his ankles. Your pants around your ankles make it very hard to run away thus making it easier to kill you. If there is any reason better to wear your pants around your waist where they belong I can't think of it.

This post is in no way an attempt to make light of violent crime. I only mean to show that fashion trends such as sagging and wearing clothes two sizes too large are not only unsightly but can get you killed.

So next time you're in the store buying a pair of pants make sure they are the correct size and while you're at it invest in a good leather belt. Who knows beside saving your life adults may begin to treat you with the respect that all MEN want.

No comments:

Post a Comment